Yes, we are doing that. Salmon and cheese please.
Soo….I am a newlywed, whatever that means. There are plenty of olives, cheese, prosciutto, almonds and hugs to go around in my abode. My husband and I, or should I say that “HE” discovered Parmesan crisps at our local whole foods. And when I tell you all that he absolutely LOVES these things, he loves them! So what did I decide to do? combine them with Salmon.
For a while this was our secret recipe but now we are sharing it with you, because that is what newlyweds do…they share!
Circle back next week for the Parmesan Crisp Recipe so that you can make your own Parmesan Crisps.
So as far as the Salmon goes, you will need about two 6oz. filets. I personally prefer Atlantic Salmon. I typically request they remove the skin from the filet before I take them home to spare myself from having to cut it. I wish they would remove the skin before they weigh it so I don’t have to pay for it but beggars can’t be choosers right?
Take 7-8 Parmesan Crisps and place them in a ziploc bag. Use a rolling pin to crush the crispers, my husband uses his hands, and I prefer that way because the flakes are slightly larger. Shake until fully coated. Like so….
Sear on one side for 2-3 minutes so the Salmon can get a nice color, and then turn the heat down to medium and continue flipping every 2 minutes until cooked you your desired temperature. (I prefer Salmon slightly above medium, making the cook time closer to ~10 minutes)
Serve with a bright vegetable to compliment the color of the salmon. We served with sauteed asparagus and Basmati Brown Rice. Quinoa is also a good option!
Parmesan Crusted Salmon
- Two(2) 6 oz. Salmon Filets
- 8 Parmesan Crisps
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1tsp Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Season Filets on both sides with Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- Place 7-8 Parmesan Crisps in a Ziploc Bag and Crush or roll over with rolling pin
- Add Salmon Filets to the bag one at a time and shake until fully coated
- Add Olive Oil to non stick pan over medium high heat
- Add Salmon Filet to pan and sear on one side for 2-3 minutes
- Flip Salmon over and turn the heat down to medium heat, continue to rotate Salmon every 2 minutes until cooked to you desired temperature.
- Serve with Asparagus and Rice or Quinoa and Enjoy.